Thirty Things About Jack
1. His first name is actually Christopher
2. His only ‘B’ in college was in Child Development
3. He is among the 33% of people who suffer from brain freeze while eating ice cream
4. Jack is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being part of the “Largest Bingo House in the World,” Dodger Stadium, 2006
5. Every time the movie Castaway comes on TV, he feels compelled to watch it
6. When he drives by the ocean on dark nights, he wonders what it would have been like to have been Viking. For the first time in my life this makes me wonder – What WOULD it have been like to have been a Viking???
7. He’s been told he looks like Urban Meyer.
8. Jack's Pet Peeve: Misuse of the phrase “price gouging”
9. When the doctor told us our first two children were girls, he got choked up. When he told us our third was a boy, he made a fist and said, “YES.” He also got choked up:
10. When Paul Hamm won the Olympic Gold Medal in 2004
11. When Carrie Underwood won Season 4 of American Idol
12. His favorite dessert is Jello No-Bake Cheesecake (what a waste of my talents)
13. About 4 times a year he “gets crazy” and flosses his teeth
14. Yes - as the legend goes - While I was in the hospital in labor with Leah, he was at home drafting his fantasy football team. The WHOLE story, however, is that I insisted he do it against his persistent argument to the contrary. (There will be plenty of other labors. That was his only chance that season to have a dominant team)
15. He can play Journey’s “Faithfully” on the piano, perfectly.
16. You know how, when you make microwave popcorn, you inevitably wind up with a bunch of kernels at the bottom of the bag? Jack eats those.
17. Favorite teams: ASU (anything)
18. Football: Denver Broncos
19. Basketball: LA Lakers
20. Baseball: Chicago Cubs
21. The only thing that puts him in a bad mood is the song “Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot.” (He's quick to point out however, that he could care less if paradise is paved. He just thinks it's the worst song of all times)
22. Other minor sources of irritation include Manu Ginobili, Maggie Gyllenhaal & the WNBA
23. Jack is an excellent climber and has hiked to the top of Mount Whitney, Olancha Peak, Half Dome, Mount Timpanogas, et al...
24. Number of times I’ve taken him to the ER since we’ve been married: 3
25. He never bites his straws or toothbrushes. His straws and toothbrushes are always in beautiful condition.
26. Favorite song: Bruce Hornsby’s Mandolin Rain
27. Jack is the anti-metro. It takes him 5 minutes to get ready. The only product he uses is a bar of soap. His wardrobe? He still wears a shirt that says, “BYU Intramural Champion 2002" (which, by the way, proclaims that he "Brought His 'A' Game").
28. He owns stock in Under Armour. (He'd say, "No Katie.
I own A stock in Under Armour.")
29. He’s voting McCain
30. He has a battery of hidden talents. When we were in high school, he surprised me with a doll he made using an old pair of jeans, a pillowcase, yarn, paint, a needle and thread. (Just don’t tell the baseball team). It’s the one thing I would save in a fire.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add with a comment.
Happy Birthday Jack!