40 Things About Jack
1. His first name is actually Christopher
2. He is among the 33% of people who suffer brain freeze while eating ice cream
3. Is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being part of the largest bingo game in the world. Dodger Stadium, 2006
4. You know how, when you make microwave popcorn, you wind up with a bunch of kernels at the bottom of the bag? Jack eats those
5. The title of his doctoral dissertation was "Accurately Sized Test Statistics with Misspecified Conditional Homoskedasticity ??" (Question marks added for emphasis)
6. His score on RateMyProfessor.com is 5/5
7. Has carried the same wallet for 19 years
8. Drafted his 2004 Fantasy Football team at home while I was in the hospital in labor with our second child
9. Favorite pastimes include watching injuries occur on YouTube, and controlling the sprinklers from the Rain Bird app on his phone
10. His only B in college was in Child Development. Turned out to be a remarkable father anyway.
11. Jack was quarterback of his high school football team, and the only player to get pumped up before games by listening to Lionel Richie
12. Led the team to the State Championship game two years in a row
13. Has been in the same room as Beyonce and Jesse Jackson, on two separate occasions. One of the rooms was a bathroom.
14. Served a two-year mission in Santiago, Dominican Republic for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
15. Often told he looks like Urban Meyer
16. Has seen the Big 5 Game on safari in Africa - lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and cape buffalo
17. Jumped off a 200 foot gorge swing without his wife's permission
18. Also done without his wife's permission - Helicopter waterfall tour, lion encounter, joining a second Fantasy Football team
19. Has the entire script of Top Gun memorized. Willing to recite upon request
20. Other favorite movies - Braveheart, Contact, Minority Report
21. Favorite books - Rainbow Six, Da Vinci Code, Applied Predictive Modeling and Elements of Statistical Learning
22. Favorite child - Jolie
23. Built an AR himself, piece by piece
24. Loves climbing. Favorites include Mount Whitney, Olancha Peak, Half Dome, Mount Timpanogos and Table Mountain
25. Can navigate to any attraction in Disneyland with his eyes closed
26. Pet peeve - Misuse of the term "price gouging"
27. Favorite teams - LA Lakers, Chicago Cubs, Denver Broncos, Arizona State
28. Repairs successfully performed after watching YouTube tutorials - Garage door opener, oven, dishwasher, HVAC, automotive breaks and window motor
29. Number of times I've taken him to the ER - 3
30. Concussions sustained - 5
31. Still wears his BYU Intramural Championship 2002 shirt
32. Met his wife in second grade
34. Refuses to share his straws. Willing to share his life with me, but not his straws.
35. Invented the word "Wowsted." Only his teenage nieces and nephews can explain exactly what it means.
36. Did you know that celery is the most hated vegetable among adults? Also among Jack.
38. Surprised me once in high school with a doll he sewed out of a pillow case, on the condition that I not tell the baseball team.
39. Happiest when he's playing ball in the front yard with his kids.
40. Is 40. And we adore him.